Past Musicians

As the first woman to grace the BOSTON lineup, Kimberley Dahme has been a welcome addition since she joined the group in 2001. It was a stroke of luck for the native Californian, who now calls Nashville home. Kimberley sums it up this way, "I was in the right place at the right time. I was playing in another band and Tom Scholz and Gary Pihl were out looking for a new drummer for BOSTON. They happened to see me onstage. I was playing electric guitar and singing in that band. Tom approached me after the show and asked me if I could play bass. I told him that I could learn! I immediately went back to Nashville and bought a bass and called their offices and begged for an audition. I ended up getting the part. I went into deep rehearsal mode for a year. The concerts come as second nature now but they took a great deal of wood-shedding at the beginning." Kimberley's first official appearance with BOSTON (as well as her first time playing bass in public), was on New Year's Day in 2002 at the Fiesta Bowl, where they performed the National Anthem to an audience of over 74,000 and millions of television viewers! Reflecting on that occasion, Kimberley notes, "Longest minute and a half of my life!" Gary Pihl says, "Kimberley's such a hard worker and is really dedicated to making the band sound great. As we were getting ready for the '03 tour (her first with us), she'd come in early and stay late to put in as much time as possible perfecting her chops. She said she'd always loved how expressive the bass lines on the albums are and wanted to nail them note for note."

A big fan of the band from the beginning, Kimberley played in a BOSTON cover band in the 5th grade. It would turn out to be be a vision of things to come for the 6-foot blonde. "I am a huge fan of Tom's music. You can t get better than BOSTON: Tom Scholz and Brad Delp, what an amazing combination! I am very honored to be a part of this band," she says. Born in San Pablo, California, Kimberley grew up in various locations out by the Mojave desert. Dahme has been immersed in music ever since she can remember. "I was in singing lessons before I could even read and could barely even talk," she says. In addition to the bass, Kimberley also plays guitar and flute. Her voice is perhaps her most amazing instrument. Her incredible range really shines, whether she is singing lead or belting out those exquisite harmonies, one of her specialties. She says, "I naturally hear everything in harmony. When a person sings I hear in my head about eight different harmonies." Brad Delp adds, "With Kim, we finally have the girl that we should have had in the first place on vocals to cover some of my parts."

While still in California, Kimberley worked constantly recording radio and television jingles. "The market was so saturated with my voice that they had to start altering it so it would sound like someone else," recalls Kimberley. She has always been athletic, and to this day, still holds the basketball rebound record for her high school. "I got through college with music and sporting scholarships," says Kimberley. As a freshman in college, she was chosen to sing the lead opera vocal backed by a 75-piece choral ensemble that performed A Midsummer's Night Dream on a European tour. Kimberley has always written and performed her own music, and has played with numerous bands over the years. "I also had plenty of random jobs to sustain my music habit," she remembers. It was Tom Hambridge's band that she was performing with when Tom and Gary found her on that fateful night, and she still writes and performs with him on occasion.

This lovely guitarist and vocalist is also a very talented songwriter. Tom Scholz included her song, "With You" on BOSTON's last release, Corporate America. With five solo albums under her belt, she is currently playing at various venues around the country, writing more songs in her spare time, and laying down vocal tracks in Scholz's studio on occasion. Jeff Neal says, "She lights up the room with her personality wherever she goes. Kim is a born performer. Wherever the band goes, people everywhere really seem to relate and respond to her. Along with Brad, she is the one who gets up early in the morning after traveling all night with little sleep to do a radio interview to help promote the band. It ' s a lot to ask of someone on the road, and Kim does it like a trooper." Ms. Dahme is the very proud mother of a 10 year-old son, and a 3 1/2 year-old daughter, who join her on the road from time to time. Somehow, she manages to balance it all, home life and being on the road, a very delicate juggling act indeed. Her fans will attest that she is warm and welcoming to all of them, and has that unique gift of knowing how to make each person feel special. You can tell that she is in her element whether she is on stage, or greeting fans after a show. She says, "When I am on stage, it's as if I'm in my living room and you're my guests. That's the time I throw all my cares away and just play music. I love music, as you can tell. I love performing and people and everything. Bring it on!"

After an extensive search for a new drummer for BOSTON, Tom Scholz happened to see Jeff Neal performing with his band Punchbug at a ski resort in Maine, and the rest is history. Jeff joined the group in 2002, adding his energetic, entertaining style of drumming to the '03 and '04 tours, and excellent harmony vocal chops. Gary Pihl thinks very highly of him, saying, "Jeff is great to have in the band because he is so down to earth and matter of fact. He's a great drummer and remarkable singer, but acts as if what he does is just like anybody else trying to do his job the best he can. We're fortunate to have him, and I'm glad that even after a million people have told him how great he is, he hasn't changed from being that good-natured guy, always ready to work." Tom concurs, adding, "He fits in because he's like the rest of us...he's not a rock star, he's a regular guy who can really play. He's involved in music because he loves it, not because he makes a living from it."

When not on tour with BOSTON, Jeff's "other" job is teaching U.S. History and Sociology at a local high school in his native Maine, where he lives with his wife. He's also the Varsity soccer coach, and is an avid player himself. However, music is his first passion, and he has played drums in local clubs for the past 20 years, where an audience of 175 would constitute a "huge night." How did he make the shift from playing bars to full-blown concerts? In his words, "The way I handle it, is I do as much preparation as possible, mentally and physically, just focusing on the task at hand, without thinking about the enormity of what I'm doing. You can start to kind of wig out on that. One can easily get overwhelmed if you worry about the extraneous things. I try to stay focused on playing my parts to the best of my ability, and that allows me to make the transition. The preparation is key. It is kind of an awe-inspiring thing, now to share the stage with idols of mine. From the beginning, everyone in the band was great, making me feel at ease. It's a huge plus to have people realize what you might be going through, and say the right things to pick you up. It relieves a lot of pressure, and you can focus on doing what you need to do." He adds, "The reality is that people are coming to see you whether it's 25 or 25,000, and it's important to give a good performance regardless."

Jeff is a self-taught drummer, an impressive fact, given how far he has made it. "I came from a middle class family, and the logistics of drum lessons were not an option. I had to break into my piggy bank and basically buy a drum set myself from the neighbors down the street who were having a garage sale. All the neighborhood kids were ogling over it. I had to beg my parents, and eventually they succumbed, knowing I wasn't going to give up on it. Ever since they have been wonderfully supportive, they've encouraged it all along when they realized I was serious about it, from garage bands to gigging out, they helped me acquire gear over the years," he remembers, adding, "I really have to give kudos to my mom on this, she made a lot of personal sacrifices for me. At one point, I really needed a pair of high hats, but it just wasn't possible at the time. One day I came home from a particularly bad day at school, and there was a brand new pair of Zildjian high hats sitting on the table waiting for me. She had gone into the music store, knowing nothing about drums, but determined to get those for me, even though she was financially strapped herself."

Nealie, as he is affectionately known to the band, loves the great outdoors, and spends as much time as possible biking, hiking, camping and kayaking. A new acquisition to the family, a bearded Collie pup will also be tagging along on future outings. "He'll be in the kayak before summer's out," according to Jeff. When he's not banging away on the drums, he dabbles in alto sax, an instrument that he started playing at the age of 10. "I don't consider myself proficient, but that's where I learned basic music theory." In the last year or so, he picked up the guitar, even just for sitting around a campfire and playing a few ditties. "The drums are definitely my passion. I just want to keep getting better."

At the age of 5, Michael Sweet picked up a guitar, and has yet to put it down. From that point forward, music has always been an intrinsic part of this native Californian’s life, leading him on a circuitous journey that most recently took a detour to BOSTON. Born into a musical family, both of Sweet’s parents and sister were singers, his brother a drummer. Michael picked up bass, drums and piano along the way in this household that often had some sort of jam session going on. He remembers, “We were raised around music, it’s all I've ever lived with. My father loved music and was always playing records on the turntable. He had wide variety...stuff like Pavarotti, Buck Owens, Aerosmith, and Credence Clearwater Revival.” These diverse influences helped shape Michael as a versatile vocalist, singing everything from power ballads to belting out primal screams.

Michael and his brother started a band as teenagers, Roxx Regime, a moniker that soon morphed into Stryper. As part of the emerging music scene out of LA during the 80’s, Stryper was a fixture on the Sunset Strip, opening for bands like Ratt, Motley Crue, and Bon Jovi, and initiating the first Christian Metal band into the mainstream, where bands like White Lion and Metallica opened for them. With 7 releases, over 10 million albums sold, gold and platinum status acquired, and filling stadiums as distant as Japan, Stryper was a success story by most anyone’s standards. In 1992, Sweet began to work on his solo projects.

In the mid-‘90’s, MIcheal and his wife, son and daughter switched coasts, moving from Orange County to Massachusetts’ Cape Cod, where Sweet worked for a time as a park ranger at his father’s-in-law campground. Most days were spent writing songs in his head while working out in the cranberry bogs, nights were spent recording the day’s mental notes. “I literally put my blood, sweat and tears into my music during that time,” he says, adding, “I’ll always be writing music. My mind and my heart are always in that mode, driving in the car, walking the dog, whatever I’m doing, there’s a melody constantly in my head. I don’t think I’ll ever lose that.” To date, he has released six solo efforts, to critical acclaim. BOSTON was a powerful influence to Michael in his own musical evolution. He recalls, “When recording, I began layering guitar tracks and vocal tracks and eventually moved into harmony solos as well. One of my all time favorite guitar solos (and one of my favorite songs) is "Hitch a Ride.” I used to play it over and over again trying to soak it all in. Looking back now and having been a part of writing and recording my own music for the past 30 years, I understand the work that went in to crafting and recording the BOSTON material and it makes me respect it all the more.”

In 2005, after a 15-year recording sabbatical, Stryper released another album followed by a tour, aptly named, Reborn. Michael also continued to work on his own projects. Gary and Tom met Michael when he was invited to come perform at the Brad Delp tribute in 2007, and an instant kinship was born between them. They were impressed with not only Michael’s character and his voice, but also with his style of guitar playing. Tom says, “At our very first get-together, all of the songs that Gary and I played with him sounded better than they ever had before!” Sweet reminisces, "I remember when I heard BOSTON for the first time - I was 13. I was at a point in my life where music was such a powerful expression for me, I knew I wanted to make music for the rest of my life. When I heard the guitar tones, the vocals, the structure of each song on the first BOSTON release, it influenced my writing and my quest for the ultimate guitar tone.”

Performing at the tribute was an incredible experience for Michael. He says, “It was a true blessing. The love and support for Brad was an inspiration to everyone involved. It was an honor for me to personally be a part of that, a fond memory that I will never forget. Now to be a part of a BOSTON tour, a band that was such a part of my musical education, and to call them friends, is truly remarkable!"

For more information, visit

Fran Cosmo
Fran Cosmo

In the early '90's when Tom Scholz was ready to lay down vocal tracks for Walk On, Brad Delp was not available for the project, so Fran Cosmo stepped up to the plate, or the mic in this case, and started his journey with BOSTON. Tom says, "Fran has a really good ear for recorded and live sound." Fran sang most of the vocals on that album, and has toured with the band in 1995, 1997, 2003 and 2004, trading off vocals with Brad. Cosmo also sang with Delp on "Higher Power," off of 1997's Greatest Hits, and several songs on Corporate America. Scholz remembers, "Fran was fun to play with on stage after Walk On was released, he was a second voice that could sing harmony with Brad and a capable guitar player." Jeff Neal says, "As if one phenomenal vocalist in the band weren't enough, Fran is an amazing talent in his own right... and a seasoned pro. I really enjoy playing with him on stage. There are a lot of moments in the show where we feed off each other's energy. Behind the scenes, he completely keeps me in stitches with his antics and sense of humor, which is much appreciated considering the stress that naturally exists dealing with life on the road. Not only is he a great singer and musician, but just a great guy to hang with."

Gary Pihl describes him this way, "Fran's an easy going guy with a big heart. Nothing seems more important to him than family and friends. A great guy to have on your side, or in your band! He was born with such musical instinct. You can't learn it. You can't teach it, he's just got it. But Fran is one of those guys who is never happy with their performance. He always wants to make it better. He'll have an incredible night, the crowd is jumping up and down for him and he'll turn to us and worry, "Did I sound OK?" Fran doesn't have a technical background but if he says he's hearing something wrong with a speaker on the other side of the stage, we go check it out. He's got super hearing. Dogs ask him, 'Did you hear something?'"

Prior to BOSTON, Fran had been in several bands, one being Orion the Hunter. Currently, Fran is touring and recording with Cosmo, a band he created with his son Anthony. Fran lives in Upstate New York with his wife and daughter.

Anthony Cosmo
Anthony Cosmo

Anthony Cosmo, a native of Utica, NY, is consumed by music. Throughout his life, it seemed like he always had a guitar in hand; it was a common bond between he and his father, Fran Cosmo. Also proficient on the piano and bass guitar, Ant spends most of his time writing and recording music in his home studio. How Anthony went from his home in Upstate New York to a nationwide tour with one of rock music's most iconic bands is really a story of natural talent meeting incredible timing. Fran had been touring with Tom, and introduced him to Ant's music during a break. Scholz liked what he heard, and ended up including 3 of his songs, "Turn it Off," "Stare Out Your Window," and "Cryin'" on BOSTON's last release, Corporate America.

After Corporate America was released, Anthony toured with BOSTON in '03 and '04, lending his skillful guitar work to their big stage sound. Tom says, "Ant is an excellent, self-taught rock guitarist, he has a really nice touch. He had very creative, uniquely original ideas, that's the whole reason he got to play on stage with BOSTON." Gary Pihl adds, "The story I heard was, Fran had always told Anthony not to worry about being in local bands and doing low paid gigs, just write songs. So Anthony's first appearance with a live band was with us at the Fiesta Bowl. What a way to start your career! Anthony is a terrific singer/songwriter. When I first heard "Turn it Off," I thought, 'What a cool song, the chord progression is so unique and unexpected, I could have never written a song like that.' His voice is so flexible he can jokingly mimic his dad, but it sounds awesome! Just as uncanny as when Brad sings Amanda as Bob Dylan." Jeff Neal has this to say, "I'd consider selling my soul to the devil if I could have some of his musical talent and proficiency at writing. Ant has an uncanny knack for hearing great hooks and melodies. Both he and Fran were quick to take me under their wing when I first joined the band. They kind of showed me the ropes so to speak, and by their reaching out, it really showed me a great deal about their character." Although Ant has over a dozen and a half guitars, he has a penchant for his Les Paul standard electric and J 45 acoustic guitar, also by Gibson. His first guitar is a 24 year old Vantage Avenger which is now mounted and framed in a curio box in the musician's home.

Currently, he continues to write and produce music, and tours with the band COSMO. He also is pursuing a solo career with ATOM, another outlet to showcase his prolific songwriting. Anthony's music combines many different elements and influences from the last 30 years that he calls, "A global sound." Anthony lives in Upstate New York.

ImageDavid Sikes spent the first four years of his life near his birthplace of Cambridge, England, until his family relocated to California. David's interest in music began much in the same way that many of the youth of his generation had... with his exposure to the Beatles. Learning trumpet and French horn in elementary school, he also played a mean air guitar and sang along to his favorite bands. He got his chance to rock as a sophomore in high school, when some friends invited him to join their band. They were in need of a bass player, so David saved his money, bought one, and taught himself how to play by listening to his favorite records and picking the notes up by ear.

A music major in college, David received some formal training, studying music theory, playing in the orchestra, and learning to play several other instruments. David bounced around the San Francisco club scene during the early eighties, playing with a number of bands that had some local popularity. During this time, he was asked to audition for Aldo Nova. Aldo Nova's first album made it into the top 10 selling albums in the year of its release and the band toured for 10 straight months, opening for Sammy Hagar (where he met future BOSTON band mate Gary Pihl), Cheap Trick, Hall and Oates, Rainbow, and Journey among others.

After finishing the band's second album and tour, David decided it was time to move on, and eventually joined the Los Angeles band Guiffria for their second album. At this point, David reconnected with Gary Pihl, who called David a while later with an offer of an invitation to audition for Boston's bassist. A big fan of the band, David jumped at the chance to play with Tom, Brad and the others. Excited about the opportunity, the busy integrated style of bass playing was right up Dave's alley. He explains the process of getting ready for his first BOSTON tour, "First off, I studied the songs on my own, and probably had the bass parts down in 2 weeks or so. One of the things I had to do was buy a 5 string bass because so many of the songs on Third Stage had the E string tuned lower than a standard pitch. Playing a bass with 5 strings was a bit of an adjustment. What was more difficult was playing the bass and singing, there was a lot going on in some of those parts. I can't tell you how long that took because it was a gradual process of working with Brad and Doug on my own and rehearsing with the band. My memory is that we rehearsed for a full 2 months before the Third Stage tour. At the point that we played our first show, I felt I really had it all down." Sikes played with BOSTON from 1987 to 1997, performing on four tours.

Sikes had the reputation of being quite a practical joker on the road. One day, it caught up with him, as Gary Pihl explains, "David was walking over some cables right behind the stage during soundcheck on our '97 tour. He slipped and fell onto his bass guitar. A tuning peg from the bass jammed into his skin about an inch from his eye. He was rushed to the hospital and got about 5 stitches to close the wound. We thought we'd have to cancel the show but he came back to the venue like a trooper, ready to do the concert. While he was at the hospital, Brad heard about the accident and that Dave wasn't in a life threatening situation. So as a joke, Brad outlined an image of Dave's body and the bass guitar on the ground with white tape at the spot where Dave went down, just like a police crime scene. We were all rolling with laughter but Dave wasn't amused when he saw it. But that's rock and roll, you get about one minute of sympathy then no mercy."

Credited on Walk On and Greatest Hits for songwriting and vocals, Sikes also assisted on production on the vocal arrangements for several songs on Walk On. "He was an asset in the recording of the album Walk On," says Scholz.

Trading in rock and roll after BOSTON's 1997 tour for the rewarding world of family life, David lives near San Francisco with his wife and two sons, where he owns a thriving insurance agency. On making the shift, he says, "I have been a musician all my adult life, there were a lot of ups and downs. I have never liked the business of music and there is no way to escape it if you rely on it for your living. The single biggest reason for me though, were my two sons who were growing up and I was missing large chunks of their childhood. My children deserved to have a dad that was around." He continues to play for enjoyment, and has participated in charity concerts over the years with musicians from Huey Lewis and the News, Night Ranger, and Tower of Power.

ImageDoug lived in northern California and started playing with the drums when he was 14. School-buddy guitar players made up his "formal training" as they played weddings and private parties. Just out of high school, Doug started a band with some players he knew were serious. They called themselves "A Euphonious Wail", wrote their own songs, and secured a record deal with MCA Records. They released their first album in 1973 and toured as the opening act for Black Sabbath, Bloodrock, and Steppenwolf. Before they started their second album, their guitar player decided rock and roll life wasn't for him and he quit. "We offered the job to a guitar/vocalist guy named Sammy Hagar, but he didn't want to play guitar anymore, he just wanted to sing, so we sent him packin'!! Too bad... he really missed an opportunity there!" It was around that time that Gary Pihl noticed what a great singing drummer Doug was. Gary tried to get Doug to consider being front man for his band Crossfire. They also tried to hire Sammy Hagar but Sammy had put his own band together by then.

In 1975, Doug landed a gig with a guy making a comeback by the name of Link Wray. He'd had a single back in 1957 called "Rumble" in which he introduced the "power chord" to rock music. "Although the gig lasted only six months, it was an honor to work with a living legend."

From 1976 to 1982, Doug worked with "Pacific Coast Highway", another songwriting/touring band playing festivals and small venues up and down the West coast. 1983 found him moving his family to Eureka Springs, Arkansas where he started playing in musical theater. "This was totally different from anything I had done before and it prepared me for a life-changing event... the call to audition for "Boston" !"

"Early in 1987, I got a phone call from Gary Pihl saying that Boston waslooking for a singing drummer to do an up-coming tour and asked if I would consider auditioning! I was told to learn 4 songs verbatim and that a plane ticket would be in the mail for me. I learned the tunes, then packed my autograph book and my camera! Hey, I knew I would never get the gig, but I really wanted to meet the guys from one of my all-time favorite bands !"

"I flew there, I flew back... I flew there again, I flew back. Each time I went, I worked with a different bass player (a position that was open as well). Finally, on my fourth trip, I was there with bassist David Sikes, who I'd auditioned with one time before. When we saw each other, we both thought, "maybe we're the ones!?!" Excitement turned to jubilation when, after a few hours of playing, we were asked to do the tour!"

"The six-month tour turned into years of fun, adventure and friendship with Tom, Brad, Gary, Dave, and a fantastic crew of forty-some-odd guys and gals."

"When we finished the fourth album, "Walk On", in June of 1994, Tom wanted to make some changes in the line-up and I was asked to step down. We're all still friends... no hard feelings. Tom Scholz is a fabulous human being with a vision of how and what he wants the band to be. There have been even more changes in personnel since I left, but that's what makes Boston "contemporary". They're not your typical "classic-rock" band. It was the experience of a lifetime and I miss their smiling mugs! (here's to you, Brad)"

In December of 1995, Doug and some friends started a country music theater in Branson, Missouri. It's a great show with some incredibly talented musicians that continues today. In June of 2005, Doug's parent's declining health prompted Doug and wife, Valerie, to move to Oregon to care for them. Although he lost his parents, Doug stayed on there with Valerie, enjoying each other and the beautiful Southern Oregon coast.


Growing up in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, near Boston's inner city, Jim Masdea lived in a house that shook with the rumble of passing commuter trains. Dealing with the drama of urban survival, no one would have predicted that someday he would be close friends with MIT grad Tom Scholz, who had had the luxury of a good home and successful, educated parents.

Self taught and immersed in Rock and Roll music at an early age, Jim was happy playing drums in capable local rock bands by the time he started high school. When Jim serendipitously answered an ad for a band that Barry Goudreau and Tom Scholz were playing in, the stage was set for a relationship that would eventually change all of their lives. That band quickly dissolved, but the musical connection turned into a close friendship between Scholz and Masdea.

Jim was the drummer for several unsuccessful attempts at bands formed to play songs live, and even more attempts at recording them in Scholz's commercial studio. When Tom gave up on these approaches and went 'underground' to his basement studio, he invited Jim to be the only other musician he would work with. Masdea played the drums on every demo recorded by Scholz, and together they developed the drum arrangements for most of the music heard on BOSTON's debut album.

At the insistence of management, Masdea was eventually replaced for the recording of the debut album tracks, but the drum parts for many of the songs were reproduced note for note from the demo tracks that Jim played. At Scholz's insistence, Jim played drums for 'Rock and Roll Band' on that album, and several years later Tom invited him back to record drums for much of BOSTON's Third Stage, and the amazing 1987 stadium tours that followed. In addition to playing with BOSTON, Jim has been involved in diverse enterprises, including building and operating a bakery, and captaining a commercial yacht.


Nov 29, 1951

Playing since he was 11, Barry Goudreau was an accomplished guitarist by the time he entered Boston University to study Geology. In the early '70's, he was playing in a band that practiced in an MIT fraternity house. They ran an ad for a keyboard player, which Tom Scholz answered, and a close friendship between he and Barry was born. Goudreau played lead guitar on several of Tom's early demo recordings, and found vocalist Brad Delp in the mid 70's. When Scholz's final demos won a contract with Epic Records in 1976, Barry was Tom's first and immediate choice to join the new band. Barry recalls, "In the early days of the band we had a tremendous camaraderie. It was more fun than you can imagine. At the same time there was tremendous pressure as well. At first all we hoped for was to sell enough records to continue with a musical career." Those hopes manifested into a collective 25 million albums between Boston and Don't Look Back. Goudreau's incredible leads can be heard on "Longtime," "Used to Bad News," "Let Me Take You Home Tonight," and "Don't Look Back." Tom says, "When Barry and I played those harmony parts or battling guitar leads, it felt like we were connected by a "Vulcan mind link." He adds, "I've never seen anyone so dedicated to honing his physical skill with guitar. Watching TV or hanging with some friends, Barry always had his SG in his hands, playing unplugged, silently conditioning his reflexes. He had lightning speed."

Following two tours and two albums with BOSTON, amidst turmoil with the band's managers and record company, Barry and Tom went their separate ways. In 1980, Goudreau released Barry Goudreau with singers Brad Delp and Fran Cosmo, which reached #88 on the Billboard charts. In 1984 he launched Orion The Hunter, joined by Cosmo and Delp again. In 1991 he formed RTZ (Return To Zero), once again with Delp singing lead vocals, releasing a self-titled album the following year. His most recent effort with Brad was in 2003, the self--titled Delp and Goudreau, a release that really showcases their talent.

After Tom Scholz's remastering of the first two BOSTON albums in March 2006, he and Barry reinstated contact after 25 years, rekindling a friendship neither had forgotten. Barry continues to perform on occasion in small venues in the greater Boston area. In the winter months he takes to the ski slopes whenever possible, and during the summer, he hits the water in his Formula powerboat. Barry and his wife live on the north shore of Boston with their son and daughter.

Fran Sheehan March 26th, 1949. (Bass, Percussion, Backing Vocals Live)

Despite the fact that Fran contributed the least to BOSTON's success, he actually had arguably the most musical experience prior to joining the group. He had been playing gigs with his father at age 5, and he majored in Vocals at the New England Conservatory Of Music.

But Fran dropped out of school to pursue a dream in rock and roll. Instead, he ended up playing a lot of weddings. However, Fran did meet up with John "Sib" Hashian, which led to him joining BOSTON.

John "Sib" Hashian August 17, 1949 (Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals Live)

Sib had been playing drums since elementary school, though he had no formal training. He played in various bands with Fran Sheehan, and later met Tom Scholz through Fran. Sib played on Barry Goudreau's 1980 solo album, and also particpated in early sessions for Third
Stage (before being replaced by Jim Masdea).

Sib has owned/operated a record store in Danvers, Massachusetts (called "Soundwaves), and at one point he owned a chain of tanning salons throughout the Boston area. His current business endeavor is a small music store Sommerville, Mass.,
called Holland Street Music.